A SHAMAN

"A SHAMAN ... KNOWS THERE IS A SEA OF CONSCIOUNESS THAT IS UNIVERSAL EVEN THOUGH WE EACH PERCEIVE IT IT FROM OUR OWN SHOES, AN AWARENESS AND A WORLD THAT WE ALL SHARE, THAT CAN BE EXPERIENCED BY EVERY LIVING BEING, YET IS SELDOM SEEN BY ANY."



(VILLOLDO AND JENDRESEN)



The four winds

Friday, September 17, 2004

YOU TALK TOO MUCH

YOU TALK TOO MUCH

Does anybody have a friend who talks too much? I believe we all do, at least one, but if you don´t have any you probably have no idea of how uncomfortable it is to relate to them. They´re the kind of people you never call on the phone - if you must talk to them, you simply delay your call, you never do it, because just answering their calls is already the greatest punishment you can bear.

A friend of mine is exactly the kind I´m talking about. When I answer the phone and I hear her voice asking me how I am, I feel like I took the wrong rocket to a faraway planet where I won´t have a ghost of a chance to be back before Christmas. After she asks me how I am, which I can answer in a few words,nothing else will I be able to say, except for some ohs, and ahs, and maybe hum-hum. And she talks about people I never saw or have any desire to see; she puts me uptodate with her family problems, all of them, it seems to me, and she also , out of politeness, favors me with some comments about my own family.

I do try to hang up, I know there´s always something we can do, something we can say, but ... who can say it? It usually takes me one hour to be able to say -"Sorry, I can´t talk at the moment." Different thoughts and feelings occur to me during these agonies. Sometimes I pity her - a person nobody wants to talk to; it must be terrible. Sometimes I hate her for being so harmful. Yes, harmful. And I also think of the people who "have" to talk with her - her son, her sisters and nieces ... I don´t know. Maybe they don´t. Maybe they have found a way to get rid of her.

2 comments:

The Saturnyne said...

Ah, i always think i talk too much... but sometimes i can't get a word in edgeways with friends, too =}

Perhaps your friend talks too much because they're lonely?

Oh, and in case ye didn't see my reply: I wasn't at all worried that you'd deleted my comment on your blog... Ahm always deleting things on my computer by accident.
So that's all right. =}

Bye for now. And thanks for your lovely comments again. They really are the best.
S.

Marlene said...

Saturnyne,

I don´t think you´d ever talk too much ... The problem with some people is they don´t know how to say things. They just talk and talk and.......
Hope you´re having a good time.