A SHAMAN

"A SHAMAN ... KNOWS THERE IS A SEA OF CONSCIOUNESS THAT IS UNIVERSAL EVEN THOUGH WE EACH PERCEIVE IT IT FROM OUR OWN SHOES, AN AWARENESS AND A WORLD THAT WE ALL SHARE, THAT CAN BE EXPERIENCED BY EVERY LIVING BEING, YET IS SELDOM SEEN BY ANY."



(VILLOLDO AND JENDRESEN)



The four winds

Monday, September 20, 2004

THE SWEET AND THE SOUR

THE SWEET AND THE SOUR

When Bryan said to David - "I know the sour, which allows me to appreciate the sweet", he was trying to show him a contrast in their lives. Remember the movie? Vanilla Sky, of course. I like the script of this movie so much that sometimes I keep thinking of those statements, like this sweet and sour thing, for example.

Everybody knows there´s a great distance between the sweet ------------------- and the sour. But, how far is it? What about the variations? Very sweet, sweet, less sweet ----- a bit sour, sour, too sour. No, I´m not kidding. The sensations we experience are like that, somehow, with a wide range to cover. Besides, who can measure them?

Something very important too is how we feel them. An icecream could be the sweet when I was six. A dance that my father didn´t allow me to go could be the sour when I was 15. Later the sweet became more scarce, not because I was too demanding, but because people didn´t want to be happy. The sour then showed more often, most people trying to make it frequent in my routine.

I never gave up the sweet, and, believe me, I know the sour. If you enjoy living you can always find the sweet in many things. What about you? What is the sweet for you and what is the sour?

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I think that for me, sweet is when I feel needed and appreciated. Sour is when I feel alone and discarded. They can coexist... the most important lesson I've learned so far is the difference perspective makes to the same picture.

The Saturnyne said...

Ye know. I'm going to have to think about that question.

It's hard to remember being happy sometimes. I often feel closed off from my emotions.

I think... without thinking about it too much, that one of the sweetest things i have going for me... is making people laugh, or forget their own troubles, even if it's only for a few moments... ye know, i think you've given me an idea for something to write about...

THank you Marlene.
S.x