A SHAMAN

"A SHAMAN ... KNOWS THERE IS A SEA OF CONSCIOUNESS THAT IS UNIVERSAL EVEN THOUGH WE EACH PERCEIVE IT IT FROM OUR OWN SHOES, AN AWARENESS AND A WORLD THAT WE ALL SHARE, THAT CAN BE EXPERIENCED BY EVERY LIVING BEING, YET IS SELDOM SEEN BY ANY."



(VILLOLDO AND JENDRESEN)



The four winds

Friday, November 10, 2006

AFTER SO MANY YEARS

AFTER SO MANY YEARS


I didn´t expect it to happen. Why not? Of course it might happen. We could have met at a bus stop or at a party, a birthday party, for example, as I don´t go to parties anymore. I could have seen him on the street, or browsing at the window of a shop, looking for a book or a video.

He was suddenly there. In my living room. He had come with other people, people who were busy in their conversation, laughing from their own jokes, so far from my life. We didn´t say much, as we had nothing to say or do. We were like statues of a past time, strange characters of a story that had stopped without a proper end. I asked about his daughter and he was surprised that I still remembered her name. Foolish things that didn´t mean a thing, mere words to disguise the weird feeling of looking at his eyes and being seen by them.

We probably thought of how stupid we were, or how coward. We didn´t say much, as I said, but we looked at each other and, in the middle of all the fuss that was going on around us, we tried to forgive each other for everything we didn´t live.

4 comments:

Kak Teh said...

You are back! and always with another gem!

Jessie said...

You say a lot with a few words.

~ GAB ~ said...

Love reading something that makes you pondering, creates wonder and lasting impressions.

BTW, Thanks for your visit to my humble blog

Marlene said...

God,how wonderful to hear from you all! It´s like a kiss on my face. No need to say I love you ...