A SHAMAN

"A SHAMAN ... KNOWS THERE IS A SEA OF CONSCIOUNESS THAT IS UNIVERSAL EVEN THOUGH WE EACH PERCEIVE IT IT FROM OUR OWN SHOES, AN AWARENESS AND A WORLD THAT WE ALL SHARE, THAT CAN BE EXPERIENCED BY EVERY LIVING BEING, YET IS SELDOM SEEN BY ANY."



(VILLOLDO AND JENDRESEN)



The four winds

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Things I love

Smell of coffee coming up the stairs from the kitchen, at seven in the morning. The idea of a breakfast table with bread, butter and jam , my cup and some cookies waiting for me …

Nanny smiling, looking up, trying to understand the beauty of the clouds …

My fifty-year-old son laughing so loud that I can hardly hear what the movie actors are saying …

A song that I used to know so well, that I liked so much, and now, what a surprise, they´re playing it on the radio …

A student who e-mailed to say that she would like to finish reading a book we had started discussing in class. She also says that she misses our chit-chats …

My younger son surprising me with his knowledge of philosophy …

Birds beginning to sing very early in the morning …

Dark clouds with a silver lining …

Chocolate icecream …

A friend who called just because he missed me…

Flowers in my garden …

2 comments:

Kak Teh said...

the smell of grilled chestnut drifting in the air,
my tabby curled up and purring at my feet,
the soft centred chocolate melting in my mouth,
and that knowing look as the radio plays our song...

Jessie said...

The smell of rain on hot asphalt. The moments after I switch off my light and before I go to sleep. Waking up and not having to go to work. The sensation of a Friday night with the weekend stretching ahead. The welling up inside when I experience live music that I love.