A SHAMAN

"A SHAMAN ... KNOWS THERE IS A SEA OF CONSCIOUNESS THAT IS UNIVERSAL EVEN THOUGH WE EACH PERCEIVE IT IT FROM OUR OWN SHOES, AN AWARENESS AND A WORLD THAT WE ALL SHARE, THAT CAN BE EXPERIENCED BY EVERY LIVING BEING, YET IS SELDOM SEEN BY ANY."



(VILLOLDO AND JENDRESEN)



The four winds

Monday, February 14, 2005

I´m back home!

I´M BACK HOME!

I lived in Rio for ages, since I was five years old until recently, but I sometimes feel the need to fill my eyes with its immense beauty. That´s what Rio is – beautiful, very beautiful, so beautiful that it doesn´t demand too much from you : you just have to look at what nature granted the “cariocas” and feel the pleasant sensation of being there. If you ever go to Rio, don´t fuss too much here and there, trying to do many things . Just sit at a café on the boardwalk (there are many cafés) and stay there for hours , sensing the breese, the smell from the sea and the rhythm of people passing by … Forget what life is like, and try to learn new things from the new faces you can see near you.
I always talked about different subjects with my two sons, and, this time in Rio, being in Copacabana as usual, I remembered what one of them said one day. We were talking about a woman (a famous actress in Brasil) who had been his date the night before. When his brother asked him how she had performed sexually, he said that her beauty was good enough for him. That beauty can be so striking and satisfying that it becomes the pleasure in itself. Maybe I can compare Copacabana to a beautiful woman – there isn´t much to do other than going to the beach but you can be very happy, just being there.
I missed my blogger friends and my computer.(God, how can anybody live without writing?) and, most of all, I missed Mariana, the one I call Nanny, my one-year-old granddaughter. I was afraid she might have forgotten about me, but no, when she saw me she came to my arms at once and spent the whole day trying to make up for the lost time. Life is going on as usual, my son overworking, my grandson is going back to school … My dear Saturnyne, remember that we talked about him? He´s much better now, making plans and all. My mother used to say that time is the best medicine.
I´ll be busy now trying to sell my book, which is about Copacabana. I intend to publish here some of the stories, for you to have an idea and, at the same time, make your comments. A famous pop singer said that “a dream that you dream by yourself is only a dream that you dream by yourself, but a dream that you dream together with other people is reality.”

4 comments:

Kak Teh said...

Welcome back woman in the well!! I can't wait to read your stories. and I will always remember your last few lines about dreams. How true!

Jessie said...

I'd love to hear your stories about Copacabana! I enjoy the ones you've told already. Thank you.

Marlene said...

Jessie and Kak Teh, it´s so good to hear from you! That´s when I feel I´m really home.
Thanks so much, Kak Teh, for the words you said about me. i could feel your hand on my face ...

atenah said...

i'll remember the quote abt dreams, it will propel me towards my own dream