A SHAMAN

"A SHAMAN ... KNOWS THERE IS A SEA OF CONSCIOUNESS THAT IS UNIVERSAL EVEN THOUGH WE EACH PERCEIVE IT IT FROM OUR OWN SHOES, AN AWARENESS AND A WORLD THAT WE ALL SHARE, THAT CAN BE EXPERIENCED BY EVERY LIVING BEING, YET IS SELDOM SEEN BY ANY."



(VILLOLDO AND JENDRESEN)



The four winds

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Things I miss

THINGS I MISS

Today I found myself thinking of the things I miss , things that I can´t have now, simple things that I used to have in Rio. Yes, Rio de Janeiro, the city where I lived most of my life.
First of all, the smell from the sea, together with the breese that seemed part of it.
Then the iced beer that rolled down my throat like a balsam.
The beat of "pandeiros" and little drums played by popular musicians.
The young people who passed, making you think that the whole world is young and beautiful. And happy.
The old people who walk along the beach, tanned and vigorous, showing their sense of opportunity.
The calls from friends, always asking - "What the hell are you doing at home on a Friday night?"

All right, I won´t cry.

No comments: