A SHAMAN

"A SHAMAN ... KNOWS THERE IS A SEA OF CONSCIOUNESS THAT IS UNIVERSAL EVEN THOUGH WE EACH PERCEIVE IT IT FROM OUR OWN SHOES, AN AWARENESS AND A WORLD THAT WE ALL SHARE, THAT CAN BE EXPERIENCED BY EVERY LIVING BEING, YET IS SELDOM SEEN BY ANY."



(VILLOLDO AND JENDRESEN)



The four winds

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

MEMORIES

MEMORIES, WHY NOT?

I heard that song and many things came to my mind. I thought of you. In fact, I could see you exactly the way you were, your habit of reading the newspaper in bed, delaying the moment for having breakfast; your afternoon walk, your way of telling stories as if they were new to me. It´s unbelievable how well I can remember your voice, your smell and your words. I myself wasn´t aware of having retained so many impressions of a single person.

I miss the way I loved you. I miss my capacity to devote my thoughts to a man in such passionate way. I miss the weeping moments before falling asleep. I miss my insecurity for the possibility of being pregnant of a baby of ours. I miss being so bold as to send you flowers after a quarrel. I miss my sensations when we kissed. I miss my feeling of protection when sleeping with you and I also miss my heartache during the days you didn´t call.

I don´t miss you, honestly. I miss my innocence, my faith in love …

5 comments:

The Saturnyne said...

Ah that touches me in my heart.

It was my Nth birthday just recently... and i found myself thinking of people from the past in a terribly similar way.

much love.
S.x

PS: A new colour scheme!

Marlene said...

Hi, Sat,
Being a gemini i couldn´t stand the same model forever ...
i always read your posts and enjoy them. i like you very much, and i guess you know that.

Jessie said...

Beautiful words, beautiful feelings.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

This is beautiful, Marlene. Is it a real story as in your years, you would have seen so much and felt so much. *much love*

stella said...

i was very touched too by this post as it made me remember the way i used to be too. lovely.