A SHAMAN

"A SHAMAN ... KNOWS THERE IS A SEA OF CONSCIOUNESS THAT IS UNIVERSAL EVEN THOUGH WE EACH PERCEIVE IT IT FROM OUR OWN SHOES, AN AWARENESS AND A WORLD THAT WE ALL SHARE, THAT CAN BE EXPERIENCED BY EVERY LIVING BEING, YET IS SELDOM SEEN BY ANY."



(VILLOLDO AND JENDRESEN)



The four winds

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

OH, CAMILLA!

Oh, Camilla!


It was not for the everlasting love that you can proudly expose for everybody to see.
It was not for being loved by a prince.
It was not, either, for having rivaled such charming a princess.
It was not, I must add, for becoming the king´s wife in the future.

It was for Cornwall.
That was the most precious gift you could have been given. That someone could have been given. Sorry to say that the news about the title was a shock to me. I always thought of Cornwall as something magic, a place where my soul could meet other souls and make it a private rendez-vous for dreamers. A place where I could still talk to Daphne (we´re close friends) and hear her stories. A scenery to enchant my eyes and take my mind to distant plagues.

I hope you deserve the title. And if you ever go there, and, being there, you take a long walk in the morning, try to find the castle of my dreams: it may be old by now, a bit decayed but still standing. Still there. Please don´t touch it. Leave as it is. You see, my dreams are sensitive …

It was for Cornwall that I envied you so much.

3 comments:

The Saturnyne said...

Ahh... that was a most beautiful post.

Having been to Cornwall, too. =}

A most beautiful place.

S.x

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hello Marlene,
I have shut down my comment box but i truly value your comments on Doris Day and thank you for taking the trouble to say something really nice.
About your manuscript. Sorry I was so hasty in my reply that day as things were happening. Please forgive me.
The thing is I may be leaving England shortly for about 2 months to go travelling again. I thought perhaps we could work things out in another way in the event that you still don't mind the uphill journey to secure an agent and publisher for your book.
Would you mind leaving me your email address on my email which is
abrahamsusan2003@yahoo.co.uk and I'll contact you privately with what i have in mind.
Anyway, this is a truly beautiful entry and I think that you're a very good writer, Marlene.
Whatever happens in the future, glad to have known you.
cheers

Marlene said...

Susan,
I can´t thank you enough for your generosity. I´ll send you my e-mail address, but please don´t worry about me - try to have a wonderful trip, enjoy it, be happy!