A SHAMAN

"A SHAMAN ... KNOWS THERE IS A SEA OF CONSCIOUNESS THAT IS UNIVERSAL EVEN THOUGH WE EACH PERCEIVE IT IT FROM OUR OWN SHOES, AN AWARENESS AND A WORLD THAT WE ALL SHARE, THAT CAN BE EXPERIENCED BY EVERY LIVING BEING, YET IS SELDOM SEEN BY ANY."



(VILLOLDO AND JENDRESEN)



The four winds

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

THE WALL

THE WALL


There are many things I haven´t done. Many things that I haven´t seen yet, or will never see. You can´t have it all, that´s what I say , trying to convince myself that I´m not worse than other people just because it seems to me that everything happens so quickly nowadays. There have been so many movies, important ones, that I missed to see. There are places, obviously famous, that I haven´t visited. There is so much music, good one, that I haven´t had the chance to listen, and so many people whom I would like to have met …

No, I don´t intend to catch up with all these things. Or some of them. You do with your time what you think you should do, and that´s it. Maybe I´ve spent most of my time doing nothing, which is supposed to be healthily creative. A bit too late for judging or regreting. So what´s all this fuss about? I´ll tell you.

It happened last Sunday, when my grandson insisted for the third time that I should see a video. I finally said OK, I´ll watch some of it, because I don´t have time to see it all.(Why? I don´t know the answer) I sat on the couch and started watching “The wall” (Pink Floyd). Well, I couldn´t get up from my seat until the end. It was one of the most beautiful and yet sad things I´ve ever seen. The fact that the movie is so updated, so true, so “here and now” struck me like nothing else had done before. I then thought of talking about it. If you have seen it, see it again – you probably need it, you can´t forget about it. If, by any chance, you haven´t had the opportunity, please do. Make it happen. See it now, or maybe tomorrow – don´t miss it.

No comments: